Copyright © cJinL
Design by Dzignine
March 27, 2015

When Authors' Names Are Bigger Than The Book's Title


Whenever I walk into a bookstore like Barnes & Noble, I look around at the piles of books in the "best-selling authors" section and I notice the same thing every time:

The authors' god damn names are always bigger than the book's title.

Seriously, every cover just looks like:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAN BROWN. I'M DAN BROWN. 
I'M A FAMOUS AUTHOR PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE ME
By the way my book is called Angels and Demons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I mean, I get that it's about self-promotion, but come on. Have some integrity. It makes novel writing as a whole look like a gigantic jerking contest.


0 comments:

Post a Comment